Potential Projects (only 4 projects will be selected)
1) The creation of a digital project on historical markers in Fredericksburg (working with Dr. Hanna in Geography and building on work he’s done).
2) The building of a digital project pairing current and historical photographs of the school and the Fredericksburg community (see http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/slideshow/historical-nyc-crime-scenes-now-20249850 or http://www.flickr.com/photos/hab3045/sets/72157600208168658/ for some examples).
3) The creation of an exhibit on UMW’s extensive collection of student scrapbooks. [Some examples.]
4) The scanning of items from the James Monroe Museum in 3D, and creating a digital exhibit as well as physical copies of those items. (The Smithsonian’s work in this area can be seen here.)
5) COPLAC Project working with students from other schools — (students for this were already selected)